- I have a severe peanut allergy. Unfortunately, peanut butter was one of my favorite foods, but now of course I can’t eat it. It’s funny, too. I used to eat it everyday- especially after my nutritionist suggested I eat it for its healthy fats. What’s even funnier is the story of how I developed my allergy. Well, it’s not hilarious but more precisely, weird. I got bit by a bat and had to get rabies shots. The allergist thinks the shots contributed to my allergy. I discovered later that the bat actually came from the building that my boyfriend owns. (I didn’t know him at the time of the bat bite.) I love him, but he owes me ; )
- I live in a really small town. I mean, really small. The closest mall is about 45 minutes away. I only have the choice of two local grocery stores- Fresh and Green’s and Acme. I save trips to Trader Joe’s, Giant, or Whole Foods for the occasional weekend treat. But I do love our farmer’s market.
- I have both my bachelor’s and master’s degrees in English literature. For the longest time, I wanted to be an English professor. Now, I’m not so sure…
- I love, love, love magazines. I’ll read just about any of them, but I do have favorites like Cooking Light, Martha Stewart Living, and Real Simple.
- I’m a certified zumba instructor, and I LOVE it! It’s the best workout, and I always feel my most joyous when I’m dancing.
This is me and my little sister in beautiful Martha’s Vineyard.